Have you ever seen a beautiful and stylish outfit on one person but looks terrible on another person? Or have you ever seen an outfit on someone and hurry to buy it, but on you, it just looks lousy? When it comes to fashion, we need to realize that this "one style fits all" doesn't exist. Comprehension of how to dress for your body type doesn't just mean knowing your size, and it means knowing how to flatter your figure. We have to know our body shape and understand the types of clothes that will strengthen your features and depreciate your "less than perfect" areas.
This way, you will guarantee that the outfit will be exceptionally well and will sequentially make you feel confident in your clothing. Not sure where to start? We are here to help! The first step is to know what your body type is.
Apple body shape traits:
- Hips and shoulders have the same width; the waistline has the same width or is wider.
- You gain weight mainly around the waist, at least in proportion to the other parts of your body.
- You probably have slender lower legs and arms.
- You might be short-waisted.
- Choose V-Neck dresses which will draw more attention to your bust and elongate your upper body.
- Wear belted gowns that tie at the smallest part of your waist.
- Try on shorter skirts and dresses that show off your legs and draw attention away from your midsection.
- Look for dresses that flow from under your bust, expanding at the waist.
Celebrity Apple Shaped: Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Hudson, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Tyra Banks
Pear body shape traits:
- Your hips are wider than your shoulders.
- You have round, sloping shoulders.
- You have a well-defined waistline (and might even have killer abs).
- Your buttocks and thighs are full and round.?
- Look for patterns only for your tops as it draws all the attention to this area and helps to accomplish a balanced proportion.
- Go for horizontal stripes on the top half to widen your shoulders and bust.
- Three-quarter sleeves will draw attention to your waist.
- Strapless or halter tops are also good options.
Celebrity pear shapes: Beyoncé, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira, Kelly Clarkson
Rectangle body shape trails:
- this body type have shoulders, waistline, and hip area measuring almost the same.
- defined by long-and-lean limbs and a boyishly-slim torso
- You have a very athletic frame.
- You gain weight evenly but may gain more weight through the upper back or neck.
- Aim to create more curves that move up and down from the middle area of your body.
- Pick up a dress that exaggerates curves and add a belt when possible to create a waistline.
- Go for ruffles and frills to add texture, volume, dimension, and femininity to your figure.
- Choose A-line skirts, skater skirts, and wrap dresses which will create the illusion of a narrower waist.
Celebrity pear shapes: Kate Middleton or Gwyneth Paltrow
Hourglass body shape traits:
- Your hips and shoulders have about the same width
- You have a well-defined waistline
- Did we mention cleavage
- Hourglass body shapes gain weight through the hips and above the waist
- Choose V-Neck and low necklines that draw attention closer to your waist
- Look for knits and silk blends that gently drape over your natural curves
- Wrap and fitted style dresses are made to accentuate your waist and contour your hourglass shape
- Flowing dresses that are banded at the waist are perfect to show your curves
Celebrity hourglass shapes: Kim Kardashian, Dita Von Teese, Eva Longoria